Monday 15 July 2013

Lukaku focused on Blues- striker rules out loan move

By Alex Shilling, News Editor

@alexshilling on Twitter

West Ham's chances of landing Chelsea forward Romelu Lukaku look decidedly bleak after the Belgium international committed his immediate future to the Stamford Bridge club.

Speaking to Sky Sports in the last hour, Lukaku confirmed reports last week that he had held talks with Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho and that those talks had been successful.

He said: "I want to keep it private but we spoke and when you speak with the manager, it has to stay between you and him. We had a good talk and now it's up to me."

"If I do a good pre season, I think I will have a place in the squad and hopefully in the starting 11. Last year I had a great year at West Brom and I think I have the qualities to do it here."

The 20 year old however did not rule out a loan move in the future, stating that 'if I don't do well here, then loan again.'

The Hammers are believed to be in pursuit of a number of strikers and co-chairman David Sullivan's son Jack tweeted on Saturday: 'Dad has been on the phone to presidents of several clubs in Europe, meeting with an agent soon this week to get a striker  '.


No comments:

Post a Comment