Wednesday 17 July 2013

Downing 'not considering' Hammers switch

By Alex Shilling, News Editor

@alexshilling on Twitter


Stewart Downing will not be joining West Ham this summer after the Liverpool winger stated that he had no interest in a move.

He said: "It's not something I am going to consider. I think there have been a couple of rumours going around and maybe that's because I was told last season that I could leave."

"But I have spoken to the manager and he's said that he's happy for me to stay. As far as I see it I'm here to play- if I'm not in the team and not playing then that's a discussion we'll have then but at the minute I have absolutely no reason to leave."

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce earlier today ruled out a move for the England man, telling the Sun that he didn't 'think we could afford' Downing.

No comments:

Post a Comment