Friday 22 February 2013

Lletget "relieved" to sign new deal and expects debut soon

West Ham's young midfielder Sebastian Lletget has spoken about his "relief" at signing a new deal at the club. The U.S U23 international penned a new contract- revealed exclusively to you by Blowing Bubbles on Monday- for the next two years, and whufc.com that, having "really enjoyed" his time so far at the Boleyn Ground, he was relieved everything had gone smoothly with negotiating his new deal.

"My contract was running up this year and I wish that I can stay here for as long as I like," the 20 year old American told the official website. "In the first half of this season, I've just being trying to impress the manager and have been blessed to play with a lot of great teammates- particularly in the first half of this season when our chemistry was really on point and I was really enjoying myself."

Lletget has been an unused substitute for the first team no less than five times this season and whilst he values the experience he's had on the bench, he wants to be stepping out onto the Boleyn Ground turf himself. "I sure feel my debut's coming- all I can do is keep my head down and keep doing what I'm doing. Every experience I get with the first team, even if I don't get on, I try to use the experience to my advantage." The boy from San Francisco hinted at a loan move away from the club, stating that "sooner or later, a club will show some interest and a loan move wouldn't be a bad idea."

Seb Lletget certainly seems an ambitious young man and a definite one to watch for the future- all the best son!

By Alex Shilling, News Editor

@alexshilling

No comments:

Post a Comment