Friday 8 February 2013

FA charge is cutting it fine for Big Sam

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has said that his FA fine was given to him for “speaking the truth”.

Understandably, Big Sam was left frustrated after being fined £8000 for his post match comments regarding refereeing standards at big stadia.

He told Sky Sports News: "For me I spoke the truth, so if you like I have been fined for speaking the truth, but there you go, we move on.

“What I had to do was present my case and give it to the panel and make sure they understood what I meant and there was no doubt I meant nothing other than the influence that happens at the big arenas that happens to everyone when you go there.”

Allardyce maintains that he never actually called Phil Dowd biased, so he feels hard done by for such a charge and despite his disappointment, will accept the charge and not appeal it.

By Lucy Woolford

No comments:

Post a Comment