Friday 8 February 2013

Diarra diversion as midfielder hits out again- does anyone really care?

On-loan Rennes midfielder Alou Diarra has compounded the tensions between himself and West Ham manager Sam Allardyce by criticising the club for a second time via French media.

But in an interesting U-turn, he has now said: "In London, I knew that I had no guarantee to start games”, even though his previous argument was that he was promised bells and whistles.

Speaking to France Football, Diarra added: "I was handed a three-year contract, but he (Allardyce) wanted to work with his own players that have followed him for years.

"It is one of my worst memories because I have been cheated. I could not accept the situation any longer and went to meet with my representatives. They understood and I thank them.

"I have turned the West Ham page until the end of the season, because I have been loaned with no option to buy."

The 31-year old French international is now on loan at Rennes. Since his move, they have played one game, in which he made his debut.
By Lucy Woolford

No comments:

Post a Comment