Thursday 21 February 2013

Carroll applauds fans impact

West Ham striker Andy Carroll has told whufc.com how much he appreciates the support from the Upton Park faithful. The England international, who grabbed the winner against Swansea City in the last home game, stated that "the fans here have been great with me. They could have got on my back early doors, what with my being injured, coming back, then getting injured again and not scoring the goals that everyone had hoped I would score, but they've been very patient and to have them singing my name is excellent." The 24 year old's future at the end of the season is up in the air, with Irons boss Sam Allardyce telling Yahoo!-Eurosport last week that, contrary to previous reports from Sky Sports, no deal had been agreed with Liverpool for the permanent transfer of the ex Newcastle man. Call me idealistic, a Happy Hammer with his head in the clouds, but I'm hopeful that the backing form the fans might yet prove to be a factor in whether Carroll signs for us or not.. here's hoping, anyway!

By Alex Shilling

@alexshilling

No comments:

Post a Comment