Saturday, 20 July 2013

Gold quashes Remy rumours

By Alex Shilling, News Editor

@alexshilling on Twitter

West Ham co-chairman David Gold has knocked back reports that the club want to sign QPR striker Loic Remy.

A supporter tweeted the Hammers chairman earlier, saying: "please Mr Gold please sign remy every west ham fan would be happy with that signing'. Reports in the Star today followed on from rumours earlier that the club were set to make a move for the former Marseille star.

Gold however, did not agree and rejected the suggestion that West Ham would move to sign the France international- on the grounds that the rape case hanging over Remy would represent too much of a risk.

He said: "It's a risky enough business signing a striker let alone one that might go to prison."

Remy was charged on 16 May with the rape of a 34 year old woman in London and will face trial before the end of the summer.

Remy speculation heightens

By Michael Matthews

@Matthews_Journo on Twitter

The Loic Remy to West Ham rumours have been turned up a notch after further reports today linking him with a move to East London.

Having missed out on signing Colombian forward Duvan Zapata owing to work permit difficulties, West Ham have turned their attention to Remy, who scored six goals in the Barclays Premier League last season for QPR after arriving at Loftus Road in January.

The R's have admitted they may sell the French forward this summer, with an early figure believed of £7 million being touted, with the exact figure of Remy's release clause not yet known. Newcastle are also thought to be interested in the striker.

Hammers fans attacked in Germany as tour gets off to fiery start

By Alex Shilling, News Editor

@alexshilling on Twitter

West Ham fans have been attacked in a bar in Germany by local yobs ahead of the first game of the Irons' pre season tour.

Reports confirmed that a large group of Hammers fans, many wearing colours, were drinking in a bar in Mainz town centre before this evening's game against Mainz when a group of German supporters stormed into the bar and pelted the travelling Irons party with bottles.

It is understood that some of the West Ham contingent retaliated and threw bottles back at the German fans, but that the altercation could not be said to be a 'brawl' and the local police arrived and soon had the situation under control, with the Hammers fans being escorted by the police to the stadium.

One West Ham fan tweeted a series of updates about the situation, starting with: "Ok it's seriously gone off here."

He continued: "West Ham fans pelted with bottles. Police everywhere. Crap situation."

"If you didn't come to Mainz.. good decision."

The supporter tweeted about 20 minutes ago: "All has died down now.. hopefully."

This is not the first time that Hammers fans have been involved in violence when abroad. A pre season match in the States with Columbus Crew was marred in 2008 by Irons supporters fighting with local fans at half time.

An interesting twist to the story is that the German fans, according to one source, were not supporters of Mainz but were in fact fans of another German team, Frankfurt and had come to Mainz looking for trouble, knowing that West Ham were in the area and having heard about the club's previously notorious reputation for hooliganism.

We hope to have some more on this soon and will keep you updated with all the latest.

Friday, 19 July 2013

Kuzmanovic not going anywhere, says agent

By Alex Shilling, News Editor

@alexshilling on Twitter

Another potential transfer deal for West Ham looks set to crumble after the agent of Inter Milan star Zdravko Kuzmanovic played down talk of a move.

Marko Naletilic told "Zdravko remains at Inter, he's training with the team, he's part of the coach Mazzarri's plans and he has not been put on the market."

Hammers boss Sam Allardyce earlier this week confirmed his interest in the Serbia international, saying that Kuzmanovic is 'a player I like.'

Hammers keen on Kebe even as midfielder extends Reading stay

By Alex Shilling, News Editor

@alexshilling on Twitter

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce is weighing up a move for Reading midfielder Jimmy Kebe as he aims to strengthen his midfield options.

The Irons chief has long been an admirer of the Mali international, who impressed with five goals in 16 appearances in the Premier League last season.

Reading star Kebe today penned a new contract at the Madjeski Stadium but this has not put off the Irons, who could well pounce for the goalscoring midfielder according to Sky Sports.

Kebe is unpopular with Hammers fans after a show of gamesmanship led to West Ham midfielder Jack Collison being sent off as Reading defeated the Irons 3-0 the season before last, with both sides being promoted from the Championship in May 2012.

However, such considerations are likely to be beneath the ever-abrasive Allardyce, who admitted recently that he tried to bring the controversial former Bolton and Rangers winger El Hadj Diouf to Upton Park.

Norwich boss Chris Hughton has also been credited with an interest in Kebe.

Irons in fresh link to QPR star

By Alex Shilling, News Editor

@alexshilling on Twitter

West Ham have once more been linked to France striker Loic Remy, who is reportedly desperate to leave QPR after Premier League relegation.

The skilful forward has a release clause in his R's contract- previously reported to have been £8m but understood to be a figure which is 'significantly lower' than the one previously quoted.

Hammers boss Sam Allardyce is keen to sign another striker, with Mobido Maiga and Ricardo Vaz Te the only fit senior strikers at the club and major doubts over Andy Carroll's chances of being fit for the first game of the new season, which starts in less than a month.

Trejo rejects Irons

By Alex Shilling, News Editor

@alexshilling on Twitter

West Ham will not be signing Sporting Gijon forward Oscar Trejo after the Argentine snubbed the Hammers in favour of a move to French side Toulouse.

The Spanish side's official website confirmed the deal last night, saying: "Sporting have reached an agreement with the French side Toulouse for the transfer of Oscar Trejo. The deal was finalised this afternoon."

Irons boss Sam Allardyce was reported to have put in a £1.8m bid for the 25 year old but Trejo will be playing his football in France next season after Toulouse agreed a £1.7m deal with Sporting.